Accidents on MOD Property

If you have suffered an injury following an accident on property owned by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and it was caused by someone else, you are eligible to claim compensation. At JMW, we have handled numerous claims against the MOD and are able to use this experience to get you the best possible compensation.

Additionally, we also understand the unique concerns facing members of the armed forces when they pursue compensation; if you were a member of the armed forces at the time of your accident, our experience enables us to treat you with the sensitivity a claim of this nature requires.

To speak to us about an accident on MOD property, get in touch by calling 0800 054 6570. Alternatively, complete our online enquiry form and we will get back at a convenient time for you.

Click on the links below to navigate to a specific section or scroll down:

What Our Clients Say
  • Thank you so much

    "Thank you so very much for the cheque, which I received today. "I would also like to thank you for the efficiency, kindness and patience you have shown to me during the past 17 months. You have pointed me in the right direction throughout, for which I am very grateful. "Thank you all once again for your help and support."

    Mr W


  • I would just like to thank you

    "I would just like to thank you for all your hard work in getting me a happy result. I know it's your job, but I appreciate it was potentially a tricky one to tackle, I didn't find any other solicitors prepared to take the challenge!"

    Ms C

  • Thank you for your help

    "Thank you for your help today and once again, going that extra mile for my family and me. Your firm's motto is "in your corner" but what you do goes beyond that. Whatever the outcome of the case is, I know that I would not have wanted anybody else by my side."

    Mr R

Types of Accidents

If you have been injured while on MOD property and it was the fault of a third party - such as your employer - it is possible to make a claim for financial compensation. Common accidents we have seen include:

  • Road traffic accidents
  • Equipment failures
  • Training and firing range accidents
  • Accidents due to dilapidated or poorly maintained property and infrastructure

Even if your specific accident does not fit into any of the above categories, get in touch with the team at JMW to find out how we can help you.

Examples of Injuries

Injuries sustained on MOD property can vary greatly, with serious damage potentially having a long-lasting impact on your life. We have dealt with a spectrum of injuries from those who’ve been involved in accidents on MOD property, from broken bones and abrasions thanks to slips and trips, to individuals who’ve suffered a loss of hearing as a result of the working conditions they’ve been exposed to. 

Whilst more severe injuries, such as a loss of sight, head injuries and spinal injuries, are less commonplace on MOD property, our team has the know-how to handle your claim with the care it needs. 

Regardless of your type of injury, if it was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.

The Responsibility of the MOD

Like other workplaces, those in charge at the MOD have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of all of its employees. This includes carrying out risk assessments and putting procedures in place to reduce hazards. Steps that should be adhered to include:

  • Providing personal protective equipment
  • Ensuring all staff are fully trained
  • Supervising or ensuring supervision and personnel support for particularly dangerous tasks

If there has been a failure to protect you while at work at the MOD, you will be eligible for compensation and should contact our team to discuss your options.

Of course, you may have also suffered injury whilst on MOD land, but are not actually employed by the MOD. You may be a delivery person, a relative of a member of the armed forces, or a visitor to the site. Just as the MOD has a duty of care to its employees, so it does to visitors and other residents on the base. If you match one of the above criteria and wish to make a claim after being injured on MOD property, JMW can help you pursue a claim and get the compensation you are entitled to.

How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?

Time limits for a claim depend on the type of claim you are making. For civilian claims, you have three years from the time of your accident, or from the time you became aware your injury was caused by an accident in the MOD. For AFCS and WPS claims, you have seven years from the time of your accident to put forward a claim. 

Why Choose JMW?

At JMW, we handle all military accident compensation claims with the required care and sensitivity, ensuring your rights are protected at all times. We offer all clients transparency at every stage of the claims process, and our solicitors will discuss the details of your claim during and how we intend to handle it on your behalf, the moment you get in touch with us.

Talk to Us

To make an enquiry following an accident on MOD property, call JMW’s experienced solicitors on 0800 054 6570 or fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.

Endorsed By


Read more

Wildcard SSL Certificates