- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Equality and Diversity
JMW has a committed and modern approach to equality and diversity. Our policy makes it clear that we do not tolerate any form of discrimination and this extends to the recruitment, training and promotion of people within the practice as well as the people we deal with outside of the practice.
In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017 we are pleased to have published our 2017 Gender Pay Gap Report. At JMW we are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Please click here to download the report.
We strive to ensure that all our staff and the people we deal with understand our equality and diversity policy and from time to time we analyse data following staff surveys. Our latest survey was completed in June 2017 a summary of the results is shown below:
- 66% of respondents were female
- 20% of respondents have attained partnership or managerial status
- 55% of respondents have a supervisory role
- 14% of respondents were aged between 16 and 24 and 7% aged between 55 and 64
- 96% of our staff do not suffer from any form of disability
- None of our staff were limited in the work that they do as a result of disability
- Whilst the majority of our staff are from the UK our workforce also includes people from China, Asia, Africa and other European countries
- 77% of respondents attended UK state schools and the remainder attended independent schools or educational establishments outside of the UK
- 23% of respondents said they are a primary carer for a child under 18
- 10% of respondents said they had responsibility for helping or supporting other family members
By analysing our workforce data we hope to improve our approach and initiatives towards equality and diversity. Our data will be reviewed at least annually and the results published within this section of our website.