- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Banking and Finance
Prior to joining JMW in January 2019, Scott was at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP for four years in their Moscow office, and prior to that was with Norton Rose Fulbright for more than 12 years.
Scott has 20 years’ experience advising borrowers, sponsors, multi-laterals, ECAs and lenders in syndicated and bilateral financing arrangements, particularly in the areas of general corporate finance, commodity trade finance, acquisition finance, property development and project finance.
Scott also has significant experience in negotiating and documenting debt restructures, sale and purchase of non-performing loan portfolios, and private M&A transactions.
Scott has been described in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific as “a very sound technician and client focused”.
Examples of Scott’s experience include:
- Advising the borrower in connection with the EUR420 million and RUB9.5 billion refinancing of a significant European international airport.
- Advising the borrower in connection with a US$1.15bn club pre-export finance facility co-ordinated by ING Bank, Société Générale and Deutsche Bank AG, Amsterdam Branch.
- Advising a state-owned oil company, in connection with an up to US$3billion finance framework agreement for future development projects, entered into in connection with the sale of Romania’s largest oil refinery.
- Advising a state-owned rail company as borrower on the up to US$920 million term loan facility provided by a club of European banks
- Advising a joint venture participant in connection with matters relating to the Examples of syndicated facilities totalling US$1.4 billion provided to the project vehicle operating the Yuzhno Russkoe oil and gas field project, arising as a result of their proposed spin-off and listing of their interest in that project
- Advising the buyer of various non-performing loan portfolios with borrowers in various jurisdictions throughout Europe (primarily Ukraine) and with credit support provided in a range of offshore jurisdictions including BVI, Isle of Man and Cyprus
- Advising the lender in connection with a term loan facility agreement to a German entity for the construction of a hotel resort in Austria
- Advising the banking syndicate arranged by Roseximbank in connection with a US$123 million loan facility to Hidrotoapi E.P., an Ecuadorian state-owned corporation, to fund the purchase of hydroelectric power generators from INTER RAO UES. The facility was supported by sovereign payment guarantees from the Ecuadorian Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation