- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate London Business Crime and Regulation
Amy is a criminal litigator with particular expertise in representing individuals in cases involving allegations of serious and complex fraud, money laundering, tax evasion and bribery and corruption. She has been involved in some of the UK’s most complex and high profile fraud investigations and prosecutions brought by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), as well as regularly representing clients before the CPS, HMRC, NCA, FCA and the Insolvency Service. Amy has extensive experience in representing individuals during interviews with these agencies, whether under caution or compulsory.
- Advising a former senior executive of Rolls Royce in an SFO investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Representing a former finance director at Tesco in relation to the SFO investigation into alleged accounting misstatements.
- Advising a foreign state on an NCA investigation into possible money laundering arising out of a fraudulent transaction of US$500 million and assisting in securing the return of the funds.
- Acting for multiple employees of global banks in relation to LIBOR investigations and prosecutions.
- Advising companies on the money laundering implications of investing in Cannabis production.
- Advising a multinational company in relation to a cyber-attack and the theft of its confidential data.
- Representing professionals accused of the full spectrum of criminal offences including assault, possession and/or supply of drugs, driving and sexual offences.
- Representing a school teacher charged with possession of indecent images as part of Operation Winthorpe.
- Representing a doctor accused of assaulting a nightclub bouncer.
- Representing an estate agent accused of sexually assaulting a colleague.
Amy joined JMW in 2019, having previously gained over 10 years’ experience at leading specialist criminal firms.
Amy is a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association, Female Fraud Forum and the European Criminal Bar Association. She has Higher rights of audience in the Criminal Courts.
Please note that all official JMW correspondence will come from an '@jmw.co.uk' email address.
If you have received an email that purports to come from JMW but does not have an '@jmw.co.uk' address - this is likely to be fraudulent, please report it to your email provider and notify us here.