- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate Solicitor Manchester Business Crime & Regulation
Sahar joined JMW in May 2017 as a Solicitor in the Business Crime and Regulatory team.
Sahar has experience in all aspects of Criminal and Regulatory Defence and Professional Discipline.
She has defended Businesses and individuals being investigated or prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Local Councils and Fire and Rescue Authorities.
Examples of cases Sahar has been involved in include:
- Representing a Director of a company in a prosecution brought by the Environment Agency in relation to an offence of depositing controlled waste without a licence;
- Representing a manufacturing company being investigated in relation to chemical waste found in a nearby stream;
- Representing a takeaway business prosecuted for breach of their Licence;
- Representing a nightclub business and the Director in relation to a prosecution under the Health & Safety at Work Act and Control of Asbestos Regulations;
- Representing a construction company in relation to an investigation into offences under the Health & Safety at Work Act; and
Sahar understands the impact these investigations and prosecutions have on businesses in relation to their public reputation, management and finances. Her aim is always to avoid prosecution and have these matters resolved as quickly as possible to avoid ongoing harm to the client.
Sahar also defends professionals who are being investigated in relation to criminal offences or by their Regulatory bodies for Fitness to Practice. In particular Sahar specialises in representing Police Officers facing gross misconduct proceedings. Her practice in this area also extends to representing Solicitors, Teachers and Doctors.
Sahar is presently helping lead a team in the proceedings at Preston Crown Court against David Duckenfield the Match Day Commander at Hillsborough in 1989.
Sahar is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association. She is also a Committee Member of the National Association of Women in Construction (North West) and is involved in promoting Health and Safety Legislation in this industry through events organised by the Association.