- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law Solicitors
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes Solicitors
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate Solicitor Manchester Will and Trust Disputes
Claire joined JMW in June 2010 and is part of the Will and Trust Disputes team dealing in a diverse range of matters including issues arising from intestacy, contested wills and Inheritance Act claims.
Claire has considerable experience of claims involving the validity of wills and claims for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and has dealt successfully with many such claims, achieving great resolutions for her clients whether by mediation or otherwise.
Claire also has significant experience in complex and high value trust disputes where she advises both trustees and beneficiaries and has dealt with many applications arising from disputes within a trust setting.
Claire’s calm manner and ability to deal with matters efficiently puts clients at ease and provides reassurance at what is often a very difficult and emotional time. Claire is approachable and has a clear focus on her client’s desired outcome. Claire is in the process of gaining accreditation as an Associate member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists, which recognises her expertise.
Recent cases include;
- Acting for the executors of an estate to defend a claim made against the Deceased’s estate under the Inheritance Act from an estranged adult child of the Deceased.
- Pursuing a will validity challenge following concerns raised regarding the Deceased’s capacity at the time of making the will, which was only 10 days after the unexpected death of her son.
- Acting on behalf of a residuary beneficiary against the estate’s executors and the solicitors that prepared the will following a void gift in the Deceased’s will.
- Pursuing an Inheritance Act claim on behalf of a minor against the estate of his late father.
- Successfully defending allegations of breach of trustee duties on behalf of a trustee across various family trusts.
Blog Posts by Claire Brierley
24th February 2022
11th February 2022
12th February 2021