- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial LitigationSports Law
Claire is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation department and joined JMW in 2016.
Claire has experience of handling a broad range of commercial and property related disputes. Such disputes include professional negligence claims, contractual disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, claims for judicial review and landlord and tenant disputes.
Claire is a highly rated Partner having entered the rankings of Chambers 2016 following receipt of a reported impressive level of praise from the market. In particular, Claire was described as offering “a great capacity for detail and how to make the right submissions and how to deal with the technical aspects of the law”. Chambers 2017 recognises Claire’s broad litigation practice including a range of commercial disputes and her involvement in the representation of Bolton Wanderers FC in a claim brought by a football agent relating to the transfer of a player to the Club. The Legal 500 2015 also credited Claire’s “calm, very professional and reassuring approach”.
Examples of Claire’s work:
- Acting on behalf of the claimants in a widely reported property dispute concerning the alleged unlawful obstruction of a right of way.
- Acting on behalf of a minority shareholder in relation to her exclusion from a multi-million pound business.
- Obtaining, on behalf of numerous employers, injunctive relief against former employees in light of actual and anticipated breaches of post-termination restrictive covenants and in order to protect confidential information.
- Acting on behalf of various high profile footballers in relation to professional negligence claims against their former accountants/financial advisers in respect of investment and other advice provided.
- Acting on behalf of a claimant company in a multi-million pound claim against a former director following breaches of various fiduciary and other duties.