- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Senior Associate Solicitor
Christina is a Senior Associate in the corporate team.
Christina trained and qualified at US firm Reed Smith LLP and then moved to work in the corporate team at Mishcon de Reya, before relocating back to Manchester.
Christina specialises in mergers and acquisitions but her practice also covers a broad spread of areas including general corporate advice, joint ventures, shareholders agreements’ and articles and reorganisations.
She has advised on a number of UK and cross-border transactions in a wide range of sectors but with a lot of experience in the sport, leisure and hospitality sectors.
Key highlights include:
- Advising a Luxembourg-listed life sciences company which provides product testing services to the food, environmental and pharmaceutical industries on a number of acquisitions in the UK.
- Advising the management team of Utilities Design & Planning Limited in relation to the investment by Foresight Group.
- Advising a Manchester based property investment group on their purchase of two hotels from the Starwood backed De Vere Group.
- Advising Pentland Group plc on its acquisition of Canterbury from JD Sports Fashion plc.
- Advising on the purchase of the majority stake in Leeds United Football Club by Massimo Cellino.
- Advising Matchroom Sport Limited on the sale of Leyton Orient Football Club.
- Advising on a number of joint venture and development agreements for copper/cobalt mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Advising Manhattan Loft Corporation on its joint venture with Andre Balazs for the Chiltern Street Hotel.
- Advising a property client on their purchase of the assets and business relating to a hotel operated by Hilton.
- Advising Fleurette Properties Limited on its $1 billion sale of its 49.5% in Camrose Resources Limited to ENRC plc (a FTSE 100 mining company).
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on its pre-sale restructuring and subsequent sale of a wholly owned subsidiary.
Christina studied law for her undergraduate degree at the University of Leeds and went on to gain her legal practice certificate at BPP, Leeds.
Outside of work, Christina enjoys sport including cycling, running and going to the gym.She is also a qualified Pilates instructor.