- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Associate Solicitor
Sara is an Associate in the corporate department.
Sara joined the firm in September 2013 after training at Brabners LLP.
Sara specialises in all aspects of corporate law including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, private equity investments, joint venture arrangements, share option schemes, corporate reorganisations and constitutional and governance matters.
Recent highlights include:
- advising the management team on the £38 million secondary buyout of a mobile telecoms company by a Manchester based private equity fund;
- advising a Dutch equipment hire business on its acquisition of a UK based equipment hire company which operates from 25 locations across the UK (read more);
- advising the sellers on the sale of their company to a national private equity fund for £8.7 million pursuant to which the sellers also rolled up part of their consideration as an investment in the buyer entity by way of loan notes and shares;
- advising on, and structuring, various corporate and contractual joint venture arrangements for national property development and investment firms;
- advising the sole shareholder of an engineering business on a £15 million disposal to a trade buyer;
- advising a multinational organisation in the forensic testing industry on a number of acquisitions in the UK; and
- advising the sellers of a leading Manchester estate agency on the disposal of the company to a prominent national estate agency business.
Sara studied law at The University of Manchester and graduated with First Class Honours. Sara was awarded the RG Lawson Junior Scholarship, the RG Lawson Scholarship and the RG Lawson Senior Scholarship for achieving the highest graded First Class Honours mark in each year of her degree and the highest First Class Honours mark overall out of all students studying law in her intake at The University of Manchester. Sara went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in Manchester, achieving a distinction in all subjects.
A long term member of the JMW netball team, Sara also enjoys weight lifting, spin and generally leading a very active lifestyle outside of work. Sara also swam competitively up to the age of 18 and continues to enjoy swimming in her spare time, albeit at a more leisurely pace.
Sara also enjoys spending time with her dogs and cats, eating good food and drinking good gin - obviously with the food and gin in moderation!