- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Settlement Agreement Solicitors - Advice for Employers
If you are an employee looking for advice on settlement agreements, please click here.
The solicitors at JMW regularly advise employers and senior employees regarding the terms and conditions of settlement agreements and are also experienced in the drafting of agreements capable of satisfying both parties.
A Law Firm Experienced in Creating Settlement Agreements
Settlement agreements are required when an employer wishes to dismiss an employee without following procedures or without having a fair reason for dismissal. It is a legally binding document under the terms of which, the employee receives a specified amount of severance pay in return for their agreement that they will not pursue any future legal claims against the company.
Drafted by a specialist employment solicitor, a settlement agreement typically contains:
- Restrictions placed on the employee’s future employment
- The amount of financial compensation the company will pay the employee
- Assurances made by either the employee or the employer
- The reference the employer will give
- Details of what other employees will be told about the termination.
They can also contain details of a number of other related issues; the above is merely a sample.
Talk to Us
As experienced providers of clear, easy-to-understand settlement agreement legal advice, our team will be more than happy to discuss your requirements over the phone, via e-mail, or during an initial, face-to-face meeting.