- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate London Intellectual Property
Lucy joined JMW’s Intellectual Property team as a Senior Associate in July 2021. Prior to joining JMW, Lucy trained at Shakespeare Martineau and subsequently qualified in 2011 into their Intellectual Property Team. Since qualification, Lucy has worked at a number of leading IP teams in London.
Lucy is a graduate of Oxford University. Upon graduating Lucy then completed the Graduate Diploma in Law at Oxford Brookes University and the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law.
Lucy specialises in advising clients on Intellectual Property matters, including trade marks, copyright, passing off, patents and designs. As part of her practice she advises clients in relation to the securing, exploitation and protection of their IP rights across all sectors. During her career to date, Lucy has settled IP disputes through various means, including correspondence, mediation, and the IP specialist courts and registries. Lucy also has extensive experience in IT disputes, confidential information, advertising law and reputation management.
Lucy’s notable experience:
- Rotam Agrochemical Company Ltd & Anor v GAT Microencapsulation GMBH  EWHC 2765- Successfully defending a multi-million pound breach of contract, misrepresentation, and negligent misstatement claim in the Commercial Court.
- Lilley v DMG Events Limited (formerly DMG World Media (UK) Limited)  EWHC 610 (IPEC)- Successfully striking out a High Court copyright infringement claim.
- Azzurri Communications Ltd v International Telecommunications Equipment Ltd (t/a SOS Communications) & Ors  EWPCC 22- Successfully representing the Claimant, a leading telecommunications provider, in a breach of contract and trade mark infringement claim. Notably, the Claimant was awarded damages for wasted staff and wasted management time as a result of the Defendant’s breach.
- Representing a global media company in various copyright, trade mark and passing off disputes
- Managing the trademark portfolio and advising in respect of various IP matters for a leading software provider in the HR sector.
Outside of work, Lucy is an accomplished middle distance runner and competes for her local athletics club.