- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Head of London London Business Crime & Regulation
Lee is Head of the London office and is responsible for supervising and supporting the partners across a variety of legal areas. He often represents the London office at events throughout the UK and further afield.
In his own practice area, Lee represents individuals involved in serious and complex litigation, whether they are a defendant or complainant. He is skilled in resolving disputes and has a strong track record of bringing cases to a successful conclusion quickly. He often provides second opinions on cases as a result of which judgments have been overturned on appeal. Lee is known for his committed approach and ability to win difficult cases.
- Fraud involving millions of pounds of government payments diverted from public bodies to international accounts where the proceeds were laundered through foreign jurisdictions.
- Bribery allegations involving a million pounds paid to a banking executive in exchange for influencing the award of contracts by a multinational management and construction services company.
- Ponzi scheme perpetrated by the wife of an ex-racing driver involving the sale of shares in luxury motor vehicles.
- Conspiracy between an accountant and a non-practising solicitor accused of committing an advance fee fraud on a charity.
- An investigation into alleged fraud and breach of fiduciary duties committed by the director of a London based arts merchant.
- The first ever FCA prosecution, which involved both regulatory and criminal offences committed by those running companies selling investments in land to members of the public.
- The London Metropolitan Police’s largest ever money laundering investigation at the time, involving the conversion of £100m cash into foreign currency and its trafficking out of the UK.
- Appeal against conviction for armed robbery where the prosecution case was based on voice recognition from covert recordings, as a result of which the voice recognition evidence was discredited and a retrial ordered.
- Sex case involving allegations of inappropriate behaviour in the 1970s.
- Drink driving case, successfully defended on the basis that the driver’s drink had been spiked.
- Arson and insurance fraud involving the setting fire to a light aircraft in order to make a fraudulent claim.
- Extradition to Spain for drugs charges successfully defended on the basis of defects in the European Arrest Warrant.
Lee was previously a partner for 7 years in a specialist business crime firm in the City of London, where he led the criminal team. He graduated from King’s College London in 2004 (LLB with Honours). Lee is interested in all sports especially NFL, Olympic weightlifting, and football.
Lee is a member of the Fraud Lawyers Association, European Fraud and Compliance Lawyers, Criminal Law Solicitors Association, London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association, the Fraud Advisory Panel, and the Private Prosecutors’ Association.
Comments from the legal directories
The Legal 500 describes Lee as having “a fantastic manner with clients” and says he is “brilliantly focussed”.
The Chambers & Partners UK Guide describes him as “an exceptional solicitor, able to win the confidence and respect of clients while remaining on top of every piece of detail on a case, however complex” and notes that “Lee Adams has a strong reputation in the criminal defence arena and is known for acting in substantial cases.”
Blog Posts by Lee Adams
11th December 2020
Partner and Head of Department
Business Crime, Regulation & Driving Offences