- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Claims for Diseases Contracted From Animals
Diseases caught from animals can be extremely debilitating, with very serious consequences for the individual involved. If you have contracted a disease from an animal and believe it is the result of your employer’s negligence, you may be able to make an animal disease claim.
This negligence may take the form of improper training in the handling of animals, poor conditions in animal enclosures, low levels of hygiene or any other instance in which your employer has failed to adhere to health and safety standards.
Our solicitors can help people afflicted by animal diseases due to the negligence of their employers claim the compensation they deserve. For more information and clear, easy-to-understand, legal advice, call 0800 054 6570 or fill in our contact form now for advice and assistance.
What Our Clients Say
Types of Diseases Caught From Animals
Animal diseases that pose a threat to workers include:
- Ovine chlamydiosis: caught following contact with sheep infected with chlamydia psittaci.
- Avian chlamydiosis: contracted following contact with birds or the remains of birds infected with chlamydia psittaci.
- Streptococcus suis: a rare form of meningitis contracted from contact with infected pigs, their carcasses or pig products.
- Hydatidosis: contracted following contact with dogs.
- Orf: contracted following contact with sheep or goats, or their carcasses.
- Q fever: contact with animals, animal carcasses or untreated products.
Who is at Risk to Animal Diseases?
Professions at risk of contracting diseases from animals include:
- Abattoir workers
- Farm workers
- Poultry meat inspectors
- Pet shop owners and assistants
We regularly deal with claim for diseases like hydatidosis and ovine chlamydiosis on behalf of these professions.