- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Football Offences and Banning Orders
Hojol has advised and represented on offences relating to the Football Offences Act 1991, in particular indecent and racial chanting. Hojol successfully represented and secured an acquittal defence costs order for a Chelsea supporter who was falsely accused of racialist chanting.
Court of Appeal and High Court Judicial Review or Case Stated
Hojol advises and undertakes Judicial Review of the decisions of Magistrates’ Courts. Hojol has previously represented defendants for drink driving and been successful in challenging cases to the High Court.
Hojol has also recently undertaken an application to the High Court in order to seek clarity within the Criminal Justice System for Judicial Review. This was the first application of its kind and has now left the doors open for future challenges.
Hojol is currently advising a number of individuals relating to fraud, confiscation proceedings and death by dangerous driving relating to challenging the decision of the Crown Court.
DVLA Medical Revocations
Hojol has also established a reputation for his expertise and experience in the field of DVLA Medical Revocation of Driving Licences, having an in-depth knowledge of the DVLA’s Guidance on Fitness to Drive and the process of challenging a revocation. His successes in this area have included securing the return of licences to those alleged to suffer from alcohol misuse/dependence, cough syncope, diabetes and eye defects. Such is his expertise in this area Hojol has appeared on the BBC commenting on these issues with particular emphasis on the “Glasgow bin lorry case”.
Hojol deals with so many cases that not every one can be listed or explained. However, if your case does not fall in any of the below, then contact Hojol directly and no doubt he will be in a position to assist:
Motoring Offences Experience
1) R (on application of Andrea Hughes) v Macclesfield Magistrates’ Court  EWHC 3993 (Admin) - Judicial review in which the defendant’s conviction for drink driving was quashed in the High Court as she had been refused an adjournment to obtain medical evidence relating to “post alcohol consumption”.
2) R v S Trafford Magistrates Court Drink Driving - One of Highest Recorded Readings in UK - 197 in breath – Result Suspended Sentence
3) R v V Worcester Crown Court Drink Driving – Duress of Circumstances and client drove vehicle due to injuries suffered – Result Appeal Successful
4) R v B York Magistrates Court Dangerous Driving – Road Rage Incident from other driver (prosecuted for careless driving) and Crown Prosecute our client for Dangerous Driving – Result - Not Guilty after Trial
5) R v P Metropolitan Police Death by Dangerous Driving – Result - No Further Action
6) R v S - Teesside Crown Court – Early Removal of Disqualification - Result 7 years disqualification reduced to 3 ½ Years.
7) R v PA - Stratford Magistrates Court Excess Speed – Crown alleged excess speed despite defendant denying allegation at scene. – Result Case Dismissed at the close of Crowns evidence due to inconsistent evidence. (Case documentary on ITV)
8) R v S City of London Magistrates Court Failing to Provide a Specimen of Breath - Police Officer failed in retaining key evidence and therefore after legal submissions - Result Crown offer no evidence
9) R v S – Cambridge Magistrates Court - Highest Recorded Speed in UK (2015) at 156 miles per hour – Avoided Dangerous Driving and Guilty Plea to Excess Speed – Result 6 month disqualification.
10) R v MF Waltham Forest Magistrates Court Excess Speed – Crown alleged excess speed of 120 miles per hour, which was contrary to defence evidence - Result Crown Offer No Evidence due to contradictory evidence from Police Vehicle and Evidence from Police Officer.
General Crime Experience
1) R v C – Kent CC – Perverting Course of Justice with Multiple driving offences – Suspended Sentence
2) R v SS –Manchester CC –Drugs Conspiracy – Case Discontinued due to contradictory evidence
3) R v N – GMP – Harassment - Police had unlawfully arrested, raised this in interview and the matter did not proceed any further. No Further Action
4) R v G – Thames Valley -Threats to Kill - Representation made to Thames Valley due to complexities in case, unlawful investigations – No Further Action
5) R v K – Southwark CC - Arson with Intent and Dangerous Driving – allegations that Defendant set a vehicle a light next to residential premise using accelerant, then ran over a pedestrian. – Not Guilty Dangerous Driving and Suspended Sentence for Arson
6) R v S – Surrey Police - Sexual Assault – Allegation of sexual assault by a taxi driver – No Further Action
7) R v M – Tameside Magistrates - Assault – Allegation of assault by a teacher in a well-known school – Case dismissed with half time submission.
8) R v S – Manchester CC - Rape allegations – Defendant accused by ex-partner of Rape to secure custody of children – Not Guilty
9) R v M – Lancashire Police -Sexual Assault – Hotel owner accused of sexual assault by guest – No Further Action
10) R v I –Westminster Magistrates - Fare Evasion x 90 –Defendant used a family members card to secure cheaper journeys on London tube – Out of Court Disposal with no conviction
What Peers Say
Hojol is an incredibly energetic and hardworking solicitor. When you send him an email no matter what time it is, you are likely to get a reply in seconds. He is always thinking of possible ways to defend his clients, whether that is by exploiting subtle legal points, or using his skill as seeing what an expert might do for a case to gather the evidence he needs to win it. He specialises particularly in motoring offences but also criminal judicial review and crime more generally. A great person to have on your side.
Mr. BR – 2 Hare Court
When it comes to client care, attention to detail and legal knowledge, I cannot recommend Hojol highly enough. I am very fortunate to have been instructed by him on a number of cases, where he consistently surpasses my expectations as a solicitor. He possesses a tenacious 'can-do' attitude and the ability to think outside the box. Most importantly, Hojol is very accomplished regarding his abilities to think 'inside the box', which is vitally important for any lawyer and a key trait sometimes overlooked by many others looking for a quick solution. His easy-going, down to earth approach also goes a long way to making Hojol an absolute pleasure to work with; especially on challenging cases.
Miss. SV - Sole Practitioner
Partner and Head of Department
Business Crime, Regulation & Driving Offences