Actions Against the Police Service 

If you feel you have been mistreated by the police, you may be able to claim compensation for your suffering by launching a civil action against the service or officer in question. At JMW, our legal experts have years of experience handling cases involving the police and can provide the assistance you require to help bring your case to a successful conclusion.

Speak to us today about your police compensation claim by either calling us on 0800 054 6570 or allow us to call you back at a suitable time by filling in our online contact form. When you get in touch, we can advise you about the processes involved and the next steps to take. 

Click on the links below to navigate to a specific section or scroll down:

What Our Clients Say
  • Thank you so much

    "Thank you so very much for the cheque, which I received today. "I would also like to thank you for the efficiency, kindness and patience you have shown to me during the past 17 months. You have pointed me in the right direction throughout, for which I am very grateful. "Thank you all once again for your help and support."

    Mr W


  • I would just like to thank you

    "I would just like to thank you for all your hard work in getting me a happy result. I know it's your job, but I appreciate it was potentially a tricky one to tackle, I didn't find any other solicitors prepared to take the challenge!"

    Ms C

  • Thank you for your help

    "Thank you for your help today and once again, going that extra mile for my family and me. Your firm's motto is "in your corner" but what you do goes beyond that. Whatever the outcome of the case is, I know that I would not have wanted anybody else by my side."

    Mr R

About A Police Service Compensation Claim

The role of the police is to safeguard the general public and to act in the best interests of the people it serves.  Unfortunately, there may be occasions in which a member of the public suffers an injury and the police service may have been responsible. Situations of this nature are often complex and if you or someone you know has been injured and it is potentially connected to a particular service or officer, there could be a claim to be made. 

Claims against the police can be made for a variety of reasons. These can include:

  • Wrongful arrest
  • Assault
  • False imprisonment
  • Police trespassing
  • Police negligence
  • Human rights breaches
  • Racial abuse

'Fair force' and the Police

The police are often involved in very tense situations that can escalate into violence. When this happens, a police officer is expected to act firmly yet fairly - something often referred to as 'fair force'. However, the force used can sometimes be deemed unfair, and in some situations, a police officer may use the tools at their disposal inappropriately. These can include:

  • CS gas
  • Taser guns

If you've been injured by either of these tools and you feel that you were not undertaking any action to legally justify their use, you may be able to claim.  

Why Choose JMW?

People who decide to launch action against the police service need to make sure they have the best legal representation possible to improve the likelihood of compensation being awarded.

At JMW, we make sure we talk you through the whole legal process in a straightforward manner and discuss with you the outcome you can expect.

Because our specialists understand how daunting it can be to take legal action against the police, we handle each case with sensitivity and care, making sure you are constantly updated regarding our investigations and the work being done.

Talk to Us

To contact the legal experts here at JMW and to discuss a potential compensation claim against the police service, call 0800 054 6570 or fill in our online contact form.

We create a close working relationship with all of our clients and do whatever it takes to ensure a positive outcome for those mistreated by the police service.

Endorsed By


Read more

Let us contact you.
Privacy Policy
Wildcard SSL Certificates