- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Solicitor Manchester Industrial DiseasePersonal Injury
Aneela joined JMW in February 2015 in the Industrial Disease Department.
Aneela has experience handling a number of industrial disease matters from inception to trial. She has also had experience negotiating and settling her own cost matters. Aneela specialises with the following areas of industrial disease:
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss; where the Claimant has been exposed to excessive levels of noise often without the provision of any hearing protection. As a result the Claimant suffers from hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Repetitive Strain Injury; relates to soft tissue injuries which are caused by a repetitive activity. A common example of repetitive strain injury is tennis elbow.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome; this disease may be caused by repeated use of vibratory tools, direct pressure on the base of the palm and forceful bending of the wrist. It affects the wrist and hand causing weakness, numbness and a burning or tingling sensation in the hand and fingers.
- Cumulative Back; Claimants often contract significant back problems caused by improper manual handling training and excessive heavy lifting. This can cause lifelong back problems which can be incredibly debilitating.
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome; can be caused by regular extended use of vibrating tools, common symptoms are a whiteness starting at the tips of the fingers and spreading down the fingers, tingling numbness and pain in the fingers and finding it hard to grip.
Aneela also has experience dealing with Professional Negligence cases where the Claimant has instructed previous firms and for whatever reason the claim was not handled appropriately.
Aneela graduated from the University of Liverpool with a degree in law in 2010. She then went on to complete her LPC at the College of Law in Manchester which she studied part time and completed in 2012. Aneela trained and qualified as a Solicitor at a niche Industrial Disease firm based in Wilmslow, Cheshire in 2014. During her time here she headed a team of industrial disease lawyers.
Aneela loves travelling with her family and keeping up to date with international current affairs.