- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate Solicitor Manchester Will and Trust Disputes
Claire joined JMW in June 2010 and qualified into Commercial Litigation in April 2015. Claire is part of the Will and Trust Disputes team dealing in a diverse range of matters including issues arising from intestacy, contested wills and Inheritance Act claims.
Claire’s calm manner and ability to deal with matters efficiently puts clients at ease and provides reassurance at what is often a very difficult and emotional time. Claire is approachable and has a clear focus on her client’s desired outcome. Claire is in the process of completing the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists course to become an Associate member.
Recent cases include;
- Acting for the executors of an estate to defend a claim made against the Deceased’s estate under the Inheritance Act from an estranged adult child of the Deceased.
- Pursuing a will validity challenge following concerns raised regarding the Deceased’s capacity at the time of making the will, which was only 10 days after the unexpected death of her son.
- Acting on behalf of a residuary beneficiary against the estate’s executors and the solicitors that prepared the will following a void gift in the Deceased will.
- Pursuing an Inheritance Act claim on behalf of a minor against the estate of his late father.
- Successfully defending allegations of breach of trustee duties on behalf of a trustee across various family trust.
Claire also has a breadth of experience of working on a variety of general commercial litigation matters for both businesses and individuals which provides her with a detailed understanding of the formal legal process.
Blog Posts by Claire Brierley
12th February 2021