- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate Solicitor Manchester Will and Trust Disputes
Ian Johnston is a Solicitor in our Wills, Trusts and Inheritance disputes team.
An experienced and assured litigator, clients like his professionalism and he is known as someone who works diligently to ensure the best outcome for his clients.
He has a particular expertise in advising on Inheritance Act claims, contested will disputes, executor and trustee disputes, claims for will rectification, Attorney or Deputy investigations and recovery of assets to estates. He works with a variety of clients and assists both professional and non-professional executors and trustees.
A former member of JMW’s Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning team, Ian’s background provides him with a unique understanding of the issues which underpin the various claims and disputes in which he acts.
Ian is an Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and holds Affiliate Membership of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) including the Special Interest Group for Contentious Trusts and Estates.
What others say:
“We recently had the pleasure & benefit of using Ian Johnston's experience over an 8 month period. His professionalism, attention to detail and calmness at all times were 2nd to none and we always felt 100% confident in Ian's ability & expertise. He guided us through the mediation process and helped us arrive at a solution with which we were extremely happy” (Mr B)
“I was extremely pleased with the service you provided and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to my friends.” (Mrs B)
“Ian Johnston was completely professional and I felt extremely confident acting on his advice.” (Mrs W)
Some examples of Ian’s work:
- Acting for a common law partner in an Inheritance Act claim where their partner died without a will
- Acting for adult children who have been left out a will in favour following their parent remarrying
- Acting in claims to challenge wills on the grounds of lack of capacity, lack of knowledge and approval, undue influence and fraudulent calumny
- Acting in a complex trust dispute where the original trust documents have been lost several years ago
Blog Posts by Ian Johnston
18th March 2021
30th August 2019