- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial Litigation
Alison is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation department and joined JMW in June 2013.
Alison has undertaken a broad range of commercial litigation work with a particular emphasis on complex cases. This includes contractual and company disputes, professional negligence and fraud and conspiracy claims.She has attained a reputation for being extremely thorough with a very fine eye for detail. Her calm and common sense approach to litigation generates trust from her clients, who fully appreciate the tenacious way in which she fights their corner and the commercial and tactical advice she offers in any given circumstances.
Alison is also head of the Contentious Probate team at JMW, is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and regularly acts in Inheritance Act claims, trust disputes and probate claims.She is well regarded in this area due to her technical ability as well as her ability to ease the pressure away from clients and sensitively guide them through what is often an emotional and stressful time.
What her clients say:
“Her tenaciousness, meticulous attention to detail and sharp focus upon every element of the often bitter, mendacious and contentious probate claim made against us, encouraged our total confidence in her ability to deal with sensitive issues in a direct, assertive manner.”
Some examples of Alison’s work:
- Acting in a shareholder dispute in respect of unfair prejudice suffered by a 50% shareholder
- Acting against multiple defendants in a civil fraud claim relating to a number of frauds by different parties against her client
- Acting in professional negligence claims against accountants, solicitors, IFAs and auditors.
- Acting for a wife and children in an Inheritance Act claim for reasonable provision out of the husband/father’s estate where all their interests had been left under various trust structures without any guaranteed provision.
- Acting in claims to challenge wills on the grounds of lack of capacity, undue influence and fraudulent calumny
- Acting for a minor with special needs and high maintenance requirements in an Inheritance Act claim
- Acting for adult children in Inheritance Act claims for reasonable provision
- Acting in a high profile public procurement claim resulting in a reported case regarding the strict time limits in such claims as well as a very large settlement to her client.