- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Corporate and CommercialSports Law
Jonathan advises clients ranging from PLCs, owner managed businesses and start-ups on commercial agreements and business relationships. He is a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 and his clients span various industries including insurance, sport, technology, media, retail and leisure, IT, manufacturing and travel. Jonathan also has particular expertise in advising the private and third sector on large outsourcing projects involving central and local government (recently completing a £800m tender exercise for a private sector operator partnering with the UK Government).
He joined JMW in 2020. Prior to joining, he held the position of National Head of Commercial at BLM and has also previously spent a two year term as Senior Legal Counsel (Commercial) at UK Government.
Jonathan was named Commercial Lawyer of the Year 2019 (UK) and is well known for offering a commercial and pragmatic approach to ensure commercial arrangements that clients put in place allow for full benefit to be delivered. He is also well known for contributing through the media and various speaking engagements on Brexit.
Recent highlights include:
- lead advisor to a major US/ UK outsourcing provider on its bid for a £400m appointment by the UK Government;
- advising a media company on investment, contracts and IP in relation to a documentary taking place in Sub-Saharan Africa involving the UN;
- advising a leading brand on a licensing agreement and sponsorship of Formula 2;
- assisting a global leader of marketing solutions on GDPR updates to contracts held with various major brands;
- advising a global consumer product company on brand protection, commercial contracts; and Brexit planning;
- advising numerous managing agents, brokers and underwriters on policies, commercial contracts, the impact of Brexit on the insurance industry and putting effective planning in place to ensure business continuity;
- worked with a major insurance group (PLC) on the drafting of its core commercial insurance policies under one of its key brands;
- advising a large third party litigation funder on a multi-million fund to be accessed by a leading law firm;
- advising a major high street retailer on commercial contracts.
Jonathan enjoys watching many different sports and is a former semi-professional footballer.