- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner and Head of Data Protection London Data Protection
Toni joined JMW in August 2019 from Winckworth Sherwood.
Toni is a partner and Head of Data Protection, based in the London office. Toni has assisted clients on a wide range of privacy and cyber security issues, including regulatory and compliance investigations, data monetisation and data breaches. He has advised on GDPR, e-privacy, PECR, net neutrality, RIPA, reputation management and cyber security. He has consulted with CEOP, the Home Office and NTAC and given evidence to a Joint Committee of Parliament on the Data Communications Bill.
He has over 15 years in-house experience which enables him to offer practical, commercially-focused solutions in what is often a technical and complex area. After starting his career in private practice, Toni held a number of positions as General Counsel, Head of Legal and Company Secretary at IBM (where he was EMEA Data Privacy Counsel), Virgin Media, YouView TV and BGL Group (owners of comparethemarket.com) and Global Privacy Counsel at Willis Towers Watson.
- Binding Corporate Rules applications on behalf of Rolls Royce and Tate & Lyle.
- GDPR compliance advice to AIG, Argos, Barclays, BAT, British Airways, Britvic, Chelsea & West Bromwich, Clydesdale, Diageo, HSBC, JD Sports, Lloyds, Marsh, Moneysuper-market, National Grid, Primark, PZ Cussons, RBS, Royal Mail, Sainsbury’s Bank, Sainsbury’s, Skipton, Ted Baker, The Co-operative, and Thomas Cook.
- Cyber security breach advice to multiple clients including implementing response plans and dealing with the aftermath of hacking and denial of service attacks including liaising with the police and media.
- Rollout of Meerkat Movies (2for1 cinema tickets) including competitions and promotions.
- Implementing GDPR compliance programmes for several clients.