- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Solicitor London Employment
Rachel joined JMW in October 2021 as a Solicitor in the Employment Team, based at the firm’s London office. Rachel joins from a top 100 UK law firm.
Rachel has experience of both contentious and non-contentious work covering areas such as unfair dismissal, discrimination, redundancy, breach of contract and TUPE for a mix of employers (including international airlines, solicitors’ firms and holiday providers) and employees (including senior executives and company directors) across a wide range of sectors including retail, leisure, hospitality and technology.
Colleagues have commended Rachel for her attention to detail and ‘can do’ attitude. Rachel works hard to achieve the most desirable outcomes for clients and strives to be responsive and reliable.
Outside of work, Rachel enjoys skiing, cooking and travelling.
Examples of Rachel’s experience include:
- Assisting with a complex discrimination law claim relating to disability and sex discrimination.
- Offering HR advice to employers on grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Dealing with GDPR queries concerning lawful justifications for processing employee data.
- Assisting with advice on employment status, including drafting pieces on the impact of the Supreme Court’s Uber decision and the introduction of IR35 to the private sector.
- Assisting with settlement negotiations for a senior employee at a global industrial engineering company.
- Advising senior employees on the enforceability and implications of the post-termination restrictive covenants in their contracts of employment.
- Dealing with a redundancy situation at an international airline.
- Conducting employment due diligence in multi-million-pound corporate transactions.