- Solicitors For Business
- Banking and Finance
- Business Crime
- Business Contract Solicitors
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Immigration Services
- Corporate Insolvency Solicitors
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property
- HMRC Tax Investigation Services
- Corporate & Professional Regulation
- Real Estate Commercial
- Real Estate Finance
- Sports Law
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Setting Up a Business in the UK
To prosper on a global scale, businesses face constant challenges to develop and expand their operations in countries across the world in a bid for corporate success. An important consideration for any organisation wishing to establish a branch or subsidiary in another country must be whether their business will be a success.
Our specialist immigration team is able to advise on the intricacies of establishing your company in the UK, including the transfer of a sole representative, the transfer of workers from your overseas parent organisation, and the recruitment of talent from outside of your existing organisation.
To speak to a solicitor about setting up a business in the UK, get in touch with us today by calling +44203 675 7600, or fill in our online enquiry form and a member of the immigration team will get back to you.
How JMW Can Help
As members of the UK Investment Support Directory, operated by the UK Department of International Trade, we have assisted numerous clients, from fast-growing companies to established multinationals, seeking to establish their organisation in the UK. We understand that businesses need the process to be as expeditious and cost-effective as possible, and we can offer high-level technical expertise to support the most complex requirements.
The specialist UK and international employment team has expertise in providing support to companies and organisations for their strategic HR requirements, wherever it is needed in the world. Our services include assisting clients looking to establish and grow their workforce in the UK and recruiting the best talent to ensure that your business enters the market with confidence.
For businesses that already have a sophisticated presence in the UK or globally, we work alongside you to provide commercial, bespoke employment and HR assistance that is designed to align with your key growth drivers.
We also have significant expertise in the following areas:
- Moving personal data in and out of the European Union (EU)
- Implementing international data protection policies, including binding corporate rules and mapping data flows
- Updating supplier agreements, website terms and conditions, and internal policies and privacy notices to ensure compliance with the EU and other laws
Our legal team has considerable in-house expertise, with members of our team having served as head of legal, company secretary and data protection officer in the legal, technology, media and financial services sectors.
The Process of Setting Up a Business in the UK
JMW’s dedicated team will work with the Department of International Trade to help you through every stage of your journey to the UK. This includes three stages:
- Planning and strategy - we are able to identify market opportunities in the UK and Europe within the specific sector your organisation operates within, and can provide all the evidence, analysis and market research you need to set up in the UK quickly and efficiently.
- Setup - we will help you take care of all the practicalities you need to support getting to opening day, including location, tax advice and the opening of UK bank accounts
- Growth, diversification and export - we will continue to support companies after they have landed in the UK to grow, innovate and diversify before exporting from their UK base.
To find out more about how to set up a business in the UK and how JMW can support you, download our Setting Up a Business in the UK brochure.
Talk to Us
If you’re looking to set up a business in the UK, speak to JMW’s expert business immigration solicitors today by calling +44203 675 7600. Alternatively, fill in our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.