- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner London Commercial Litigation
David joined the firm in April 2020 in the Commercial Litigation Department.
David specialises in residential property rights and agency and has experience of a wide range of property litigation. He is particularly well known for his work in:
- Agent terms of business and other contracts;
- Tenancy agreements and licences;
- Consumer protection and rights;
- Agent regulation including Client Money Protection, data protection and anti-money laundering;
- Landlord regulation including deposit protection and property licensing;
- Welsh law;
- Public affairs and political representation;
- Mediation representation.
David has written or contributed to a number of books and journal articles on these topics and is highly sought after as a speaker and lecturer.
David also has substantial expertise in regulatory matters, particularly as they relate to property issues although he has advised on regulation in other areas as well. He has substantial expertise in advising on Anti-Money Laundering practice and procedure and the boundaries of FCA regulation as it relates to lending secured on property. David also has significant expertise in advising on the GDPR and its application in the UK and Europe. He has provided advice and training on this topic and has written a well-received book.
David originally did a degree and doctorate in International Relations at the University of Wales before training as a solicitor at the College of Law. He did his training contract at PainSmith Solicitors in Hampshire before joining Anthony Gold Solicitors on qualification and rapidly rising to partnership.
Blog Posts by David Smith
2nd February 2021
1st February 2021
17th September 2020