- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate London Real Estate Commercial
Josip joined JMW in February 2021 in the Real Estate Commercial Department.
Josip advises clients on all aspects of investment, acquisitions and disposals of commercial real estate, real estate finance and development, and corporate real estate support matters.
He has a wide ranging client base including institutional investors, developers, foreign and domestic banks, high net worth individuals and a wide variety of other commercial real estate investors. In addition to commercial real estate, he regularly represents investors and lenders in relation to residential real estate in the prime and super prime London markets.
In the UK, recent transactions have focused on ‘co-living’, hotel and real estate/development finance deals for both lender and borrower. He has also advised on various cross-border acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate and finance matters, with significant experience in Central and Eastern Europe.
Examples of Josip’s work include:
- Advising one of the leading global co-living businesses on a broad range of matters, including real estate acquisitions, joint ventures and acquisition and development finance;
- Advising an overseas investor in relation to refinance of their £450m luxury hotel portfolio in the UK;
- Advising one of the leading regional real estate companies with operations in Serbia, Montenegro and Slovenia in relation to their hotel acquisition and development financing;
- Representing an international real estate investment management company in its joint venture with a student housing developer and operator in relation to their £210 million acquisition of a large UK student housing portfolio;
- Advising a joint venture - including a real estate acquisition company, a U.S. institutional investor and a Russian conglomerate - regarding an $800 million mixed-use development in Moscow;
- Advising several lenders on real estate and finance aspects of financing of supported living projects;
- Advising a social enterprise organisation that transforms and develops underused spaces into new destinations for small businesses on all aspects of acquisition, development, finance and landlord and tenant matters;
- Representing a leading U.S. processor and distributor of value-added, flat-rolled steel on their $500 million investment in Serbia.
After an academic career at the University of Zagreb in Croatia, where he lectured on company, contract and banking & finance law, Josip trained at the London office of a US law firm, qualifying in the corporate department in 2013. He later worked in the corporate and real estate departments at several other US and international law firms.
Josip speaks Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian and Montenegrin, and has an understanding of Slovenian.