- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Real Estate Tenancy
If you are involved in letting, managing, lending against, selling or dealing with residential property, JMW can offer skilled and experienced services across every aspect of property lending, sales, lettings and management.
We have unrivalled experience acting for national and local government, lenders, landlords, agents and tenants in every aspect of residential letting, property management, mortgage lending and agency.
Our team has leading expertise in every aspect of property regulation, from the regulation of lending on property through to the regulation of landlords and agents.
How JMW Can Help
We can provide advice and assistance with:
- Representation to government in changing or making the law
- Preparation of agency terms and agreements for sales and lettings
- Preparation of tenancy agreements for all types of letting and subletting
- Advice on rent to let and other types of subletting or guaranteed rent arrangements
- Advice on property lending, including the extent of Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulation and loan agreements
- Advice on agent regulation, including the protection of client money and ombudsmen
- The recovery of possession, especially in complex or highly contested cases
- Advice on landlord regulation, especially houses in multiple occupation (HMO) and selective licensing
- Representation in the courts and tribunal over disputes around landlord regulation and property standards, such as the housing and health and safety rating system (HHSRS)
- Prosecution for breaches of HMO licences or other enforcement notices
- Planning enforcement breaches and prosecutions, including proceeds of crime