- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Solicitor London Commercial Litigation
Neli joined the firm in the Commercial Litigation Department in London in May 2020.
Neli specialises in residential property litigation and has advised clients on a variety of matters, including:
- Landlord and tenant disputes;
- Tenancy agreements and licences;
- Landlord regulation;
- Rent to rent issues;
- Agent fee recovery disputes;
- Agent terms of business and other contracts;
- Professional negligence claims;
- Lender terms of business and other contracts;
- Mortgage possession claims.
Neli advises on a wide range of matters involving a residential property litigation element. She is passionate about offering commercial and practical solutions to her clients through the implementation of appropriate negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution strategies.
Some examples of Neli’s work include:
- Successfully resolving disputes between landlords and tenants over rent arrears and property possession, complicated by the Coronavirus pandemic;
- Acting in a Court of Appeal case on the issue of the correct manner in which corporate landlords and agents must sign statutory notices and prescribed information forms (Northwood Solihull Ltd v Fearn & Cooke);
- Successfully negotiating settlements for recovery of agency fees on behalf of estate and lettings agents;
- Acting for property owners in recovering possession of their property following failed and poorly set-up rent-to-rent arrangements, including advice and assistance in dealing with sub-tenants; and
- Assisting in two sets of proposed Judicial Review proceedings against the Lord Chancellor challenging the legality of regulations and guidelines made in pursuance of the national lockdown resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic.
Neli is also a part of the firm’s South-East Europe team.
Neli qualified as a solicitor on 1 November 2019. Prior to that, she obtained extensive civil litigation experience after qualifying with a First-Class Honours LLB in 2013. Neli was born and educated in Bulgaria before coming to the UK to attend university.
Neli enjoys reading and keeping her exercise routine varied. Neli is fascinated by space and would have become an astrophysicist had she not gone into the law.
Blog Posts by Neli Borisova
10th September 2021
2nd February 2021