- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Employment Law Breakfast Seminar – Flexible Working
Date: Tuesday, 12 March, 2019
Location: JMW Solicitors Spinningfields Manchester M3 3HG United Kingdom
JMW will be hosting our fifth workshop in our “People Management” series. In this workshop, we will focus on Flexible Working.
Dolly Parton’s song 9 ‘til 5 is as ingrained in our memory as is the concept of working 9 ‘til 5 in the workplace, however, this traditional working culture is slowly being eroded. Millennials especially consider the rigid hours to be constrictive and counterproductive. Furthermore, working mums and those with caring responsibilities often require flexibility surrounding their core working hours. The event will review what the law says about flexible working and how employers can manage flexible working requests.
Our seminar is aimed at business owners and HR or those responsible for employee health and wellbeing, in addition to in-house lawyers.
The format of the event will be:-
8.00am - Registration, refreshments and breakfast.
8.30am – JMW will guide you through:-
• the law on flexible working, including the required format of requests;
• dealing with requests;
• discrimination considerations when dealing with requests including case examples.
9.15am - Coffee Break
9.30am – JMW will guide you through the future of flexible working and:-
• the impact of Brexit and the importance of having effective flexible working policies in place to attract talent;
• technological advancements and how these assist with accommodating flexible working requests;
• how to manage flexible working requests as a lifestyle choice rather than a necessity; and
• the advantages and disadvantages of an unlimited holiday policy.
10.15am - Finish and further networking opportunity
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis so please ensure you reserve your free place below.