- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner London Corporate and Commercial
Direct Dial: 0203 675 7581
John joined JMW in July 2019 in the Corporate department of the London office.
John has extensive experience of advising entrepreneurial businesses throughout their lifecycle from start-up to listing and beyond, and is noted for his work in mergers and acquisitions transactions up to £50 million in the Legal 500 2019. He advises on a wide variety of corporate matters such as:
- acquisitions and disposals of businesses both in the UK and internationally
- private and public equity fundraising, including through the EIS and SEIS schemes and by way of listing and secondary fundraisings on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, AIM and Nex
- business structuring and restructuring
- joint ventures and shareholder agreements
- non-contentious FCA regulatory issues
- LLP and partnership issues, including drafting and negotiation of complex control and remuneration structures in LLP agreements and partnership disputes
- shareholder disputes
John also has a particular interest in the evolving cryptocurrency market and advises on the UK regulatory treatment of cryptocurrencies as well as assisting with fundraising via initial coin offerings.
John is a member of the EIS Association and the Association of Partnership Practitioners.
John studied Law at Sheffield University, and joined JMW from Lincoln’s Inn firm Edwin Coe LLP
Outside of work John’s interests include his chickens, history (in particular Shanghai and the Treaty Ports 1900-1950) and the future of space exploration.
Blog Posts by John Young
Please note that all official JMW correspondence will come from an '@jmw.co.uk' email address.
If you have received an email that purports to come from JMW but does not have an '@jmw.co.uk' address - this is likely to be fraudulent, please report it to your email provider and notify us here.