- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate London Employment
Kate joined JMW in July 2019 as a Senior Associate in the Employment Team in the London Office from an international City law firm.
Kate specialises in providing strategic employment law advice to organisations, from fast growth businesses to global multi-nationals, with particular experience in dealing with challenging employee issues and complex HR projects. Kate’s approach has been described by clients as feeling like an extension of their in-house team, because her focus is on understanding her clients’ business drivers and culture in order to deliver real strategic value, rather than considering HR legal questions as isolated, technical queries.
In addition to her UK practice, Kate has a wealth of experience as an international employment lawyer and provides labour law advice to multinational companies throughout the world, wherever and whenever it is needed. Kate brings her strategic, commercial experience to cross-border and international HR queries, and knows that businesses need clear, commercial solutions that cut through the technicalities, barriers and delays that can so often be found when working in multiple jurisdictions.
Kate’s experience – both in the UK and internationally – includes:
- Advising on and managing business reorganisations and restructures;
- Acquisition and merger support – strategic planning and execution on the people side;
- Complex employee management issues, such as tricky ill health cases and complicated disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Difficult employee exits;
- Talent retention strategies;
- Drafting/reviewing HR documentation, including bonus and commission schemes, tailored employment contracts, and business protection;
- Advising on restrictive covenants and team moves.
Kate’s clients include global pharmaceutical, engineering, software and retail clients, as well as fast growth and SME clients.
Please note that all official JMW correspondence will come from an '@jmw.co.uk' email address.
If you have received an email that purports to come from JMW but does not have an '@jmw.co.uk' address - this is likely to be fraudulent, please report it to your email provider and notify us here.