Anamitra is a solicitor in JMW’s Restructuring & Insolvency Team, having qualified in February 2021.
Anamitra advises clients on corporate and personal insolvency matters and has acted for clients on a wide range of issues including:
- Advising liquidators in relation to their investigations and antecedent transactions and breach of duty claims against directors and third parties;
- Acting for directors who are being investigated by liquidators and/or the Insolvency Service;
- Advising creditor clients looking to bring actions against debtors;
- Advising debtor clients subjected to bankruptcy proceedings;
- Advising office holders on pre-pack transactions; and
- Acting for Administrators in relation to extending the Administrators’ term of office prior to the expiry of the Administration.
Prior to joining JMW, she completed her training contract in a small London based firm. Most of Anamitra’s training contract was spent on secondment to a number of different companies, namely, a premium finance lending company; a global company focussing on the food and hospitality sectors; and an aviation solutions company. She assisted clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Anamitra is a member of the Westminster & Holborn Law Society and sits on the editorial team. Prior to her legal studies, Anamitra completed a degree in History and has a strong passion for the subject. Anamitra enjoys writing legal/commercial articles and has had the opportunity of having her articles published by reputable sources such as Financial Times and Lexis Nexis. She is a trained singer (having been trained in Indian classical music) and enjoys performing in front of an audience.