Arsalan joined JMW in September 2023 as a solicitor in the Employment Department.
Arsalan works across the full breadth of contentious and non contentious employment law and advises both organisations and individuals in relation to Corporate Immigration matters. His previous experience includes:
- Advising clients in respect of settlement agreements;
- Preparing employers and employees in bringing/defending a wide range of employment tribunals claims such as unfair dismissal, discrimination, unlawful deduction from wages, agency worker and employment status claims;
- Providing HR advice to employers on grievances, disciplinary`s and sickness absence procedures.
- Advising senior employees on the enforceability and implications of post termination restrictive covenants;
- Advising organisations on immigration matters and compliance issues including providing advice on right to work checks;
- Advising organisations on in all aspects of the sponsorship regime including licensing as a sponsor with the Home Office; and
- Preparing and submitting skilled worker visa applications as well as dependent visa applications for employees and their dependents.
Arsalan graduated from Manchester Metropolitan University with a degree in Law and then went on to study the LPC at BPP University in Manchester. Arsalan then trained and qualified into the Employment team at a large national law firm where he worked closely with a number of major unions and thereafter joined a full-service law firm in Chester working across the Employment and Corporate Immigration departments.
Arsalan enjoys playing badminton, baking and travelling in his spare time and is an avid Manchester United fan.