Barrington Atkins is a partner and experienced adviser to professional athletes and intermediaries.
Barrington has a particular specialism in professional negligence sports injury disputes involving Premier League and EFL football clubs.
Barrington is an official ambassador for West Ham United Foundation. He assists professional footballers on a full range of legal issues across JMW’s Sports Group, including:
Disputes / litigation
- Employment - contractual issues involving players, clubs, and intermediaries;
- FA Rule K Arbitration and other sporting regulatory matters;
- Sports injury disputes – medical professional negligence;
- Divorce and family - including pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements;
- Media and reputation management - crisis management / defamation / harassment;
- Criminal defence – private and serious criminal representation;
- Wills, trusts, tax, and succession planning;
- Financial crime and cybercrime - blockchain, cryptocurrency and NFTs;
- Disciplinary proceedings and dispute resolution; and
- Anti-doping investigations and selection disputes.
- Immigration services;
- Player contract negotiations;
- Personal endorsements and sponsorship agreements;
- Image rights;
- Brand and business commercial opportunities - www.barndooruk.co.uk.
Services for clubs, agencies, governing bodies & associations
- Corporate - aspects of buying, selling, structuring, and investing in business;
- Commercial litigation, arbitration, mediation, and dispute resolution;
- Licensing, media & broadcasting;
- Employment/HR advisory services;
- Intellectual property disputes;
- Regulatory and governance;
- Stadia – event organisation and venue management;
- Stadium naming rights.