In January 2023, Caroline joined JMW Solicitors as a Partner in the Catastrophic Personal Injury team based in Manchester office. Caroline has over 20 years’ experience in litigation and has spent her entire career supporting injured people. Caroline qualified as a Solicitor over 15 years ago. Before starting at JMW, Caroline worked for a number of national law firms.
Caroline’s practice is predominantly representing people who have sustained brain, spinal cord and amputation injuries, ranging in value between £1million to £20million.
NOTABLE CASES INCLUDE:
- Securing £2million for a gentleman who was knocked off his bike and sustained a spinal cord injury. This enabled him to adapt his house, so he didn’t need to move out of the family home. This was his primary objective in bringing a case against the Defendant. He also purchased all the aids and equipment that he needed to be able to participate in the same activities as his wife and family.
- Securing a settlement for a child who was knocked over whilst crossing a road. The child sustained a brain injury as a result of the accident. The case was brought to Caroline some 10 years after the accident and the Defendant maintained their denial of liability (blame) throughout. A settlement of £2 million was achieved within some 18 months or so of the case being passed to Caroline.
- Securing £2million for a young man who was assaulted by a colleague at work. As a result of this incident, he sustained a brain injury which caused him to be reluctant to leave his home. With the assistance of a Case Manager, he was able to employ Support Workers to keep him safe and who also encouraged him to engage in activities that brought real joy to his life, such as music, art and running.
- Securing an admission of liability from the Defendant within 3 months or so of being instructed by the injured gentleman. The injured man’s leg was amputated as a result of an accident at work. He also sustained significant fractures to his remaining leg therefore his prognosis was uncertain. Caroline immediately instructed eminent orthopaedic and prosthetic experts to prepare reports so that recommendations could be made to facilitate rehabilitation and adapt his home.
- After a very contentious denial of liability from the Defendant, Caroline was able to negotiate a settlement a few weeks before the start of the trial. The case involved a young man who fell from height at work and sustained a brain injury. He requires 24 hours a day / 7 days a week care because he has daily seizures, caused by uncontrolled epilepsy. The value of the case is just under £20million.
- Obtaining a number of interim payments totalling £1.4million to purchase a specially adapted family home, aids and equipment and an extensive care and rehabilitation package for a lady who has sustained a brain injury, has bowel and bladder incontinence and multiple significant fractures. This case is ongoing and is valued over £10million
Caroline has built up a network of contacts including leading experts (medical and non-medical), rehabilitation providers, Case Managers and Kings Counsel. Caroline works alongside a multi discipline team, including Financial Deputies, to secure outcomes that are the best interest of her clients.
Caroline support’s a number of charities including the Child Brain Injury Trust, Spinal Injuries Association and Headway. In the past 3 years or so, Caroline led teams that raised over £60,000 for nominated charities.
Caroline was listed as a Rising Star in the Legal 500’s 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 directories.
Caroline has a young family, which keeps her on her toes. She loves to read and walk her dog to relax.