Clare joined JMW in September 2018 in the catastrophic injury team.
Clare has significant experience in representing injured servicemen and women in a wide range of military claims. She has particular expertise in relation to:
- Serious and life changing injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, blast injuries and amputations;
- Non-Freezing Cold Injuries;
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Claims;
- Criminal Injuries Compensation (Overseas) Scheme claims;
- Cases involving combat immunity;
- Inquest Representation.
Key cases include:
- Pilot A - £7.2 million settlement for severe traumatic brain injury
- Castlemartin Inquest – inquest into the death of 2 servicemen who died following an explosion of a Challenger 2 tank during live firing training in June 2017.
- Brecon Beacon Inquest – inquest into the death 3 soldiers who died of heat exhaustion following SAS selection test in the Brecon Beacons in July 2013.
- Lynx Helicopter inquest – inquest into the death of 5 servicemen who died when their aircraft went down in Afghanistan in April 2014.