- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate Manchester Business Crime & Regulation
Sahar qualified as a Solicitor in 2013 and joined JMW 2017 as a Solicitor in the Business Crime and Regulatory team.
Sahar has experience in all aspects of Criminal and Regulatory Defence and Professional Discipline.
Sahar has had experience in defending clients facing serious criminal proceedings since 2007. She regularly attends the police station to provide advice and assistance to clients and represents clients in the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court.
She has dealt with all types of criminal cases including high value frauds, money laundering, conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs, serious assaults, murder, firearms offences and sexual offences.
Sahar prides herself on going the extra mile for her clients.
She has defended Businesses and individuals being investigated or prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Local Councils and Fire and Rescue Authorities.
Examples of cases Sahar has been involved in include:
- Representing a Director of a company in a prosecution brought by the Environment Agency in relation to an offence of depositing controlled waste without a licence;
- Representing a manufacturing company being investigated in relation to chemical waste found in a nearby stream;
- Representing a nightclub business and the Director in relation to a prosecution under the Health & Safety at Work Act and Control of Asbestos Regulations;
- Representing a construction company in relation to an investigation into offences under the Health & Safety at Work Act; and
Sahar understands the impact these investigations and prosecutions have on businesses in relation to their public reputation, management and finances.
Sahar also defends professionals who are being investigated in relation to criminal offences or by their Regulatory bodies for Fitness to Practice. Her practice in this area extends to representing Solicitors, Teachers, Pharmacists and Doctors facing criminal and/or disciplinary proceedings.
In particular Sahar specialises in representing Police Officers of Federated and Superintendent rank facing criminal and/or gross misconduct proceedings. Sahar has been involved in the Hillsborough Inquest and criminal proceedings along with other high profile Operations.
In this regard, her clients have said of her:
“Sahar is diligent and hardworking making sure no stone went unturned when it came to my case….She is a friendly and approachable person and for someone going through a lot of stress and anxiety she is the type of person you want on your side working with you walking you through the process.”
PC X who faced Gross Misconduct proceedings.
Women in Criminal Law North West – Sahar is a founder member
Association of Regulatory Lawyers
Health and Safety Lawyers Association
Committee Member of the National Association of Women in Construction (North West)