- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial Litigation, Will and Trust Disputes
Alison is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation department and is Head of the Will and Trust Disputes team.
Alison deals with all matters arising from disputes arising after someone’s death including claims in respect of the validity of Wills, claims by those who have not been left with reasonable provision in a loved one’s estate and also claims arising out of trust structures. She is a member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and regularly acts in these disputes. She is well regarded in this area due to her technical ability as well as her ability to ease the pressure away from clients and sensitively guide them through what is often an emotional and stressful time.
Alison has undertaken a broad range of commercial litigation work with a particular emphasis on complex cases. This includes contractual and company disputes, professional negligence and fraud and conspiracy claims. She has attained a reputation for being extremely thorough with a very fine eye for detail. Her calm and common sense approach to litigation generates trust from her clients, who fully appreciate the tenacious way in which she fights their corner and the commercial and tactical advice she offers in any given circumstances.
“Alison Parry is a standout partner – she is thoughtful and incisive, with a good sense for what will drive litigation forward.” (Legal 500 2019)
What her clients say:
“Her tenaciousness, meticulous attention to detail and sharp focus upon every element of the often bitter, mendacious and contentious probate claim made against us, encouraged our total confidence in her ability to deal with sensitive issues in a direct, assertive manner.”
“As people who have been through such a dreadful nightmare of a dispute, we can honestly say that we wouldn’t have got through it without your calmness, diligence, judgement, knowledge and professionalism. You were always there to speak to or to email on the occasions where it was all too much for us. That was hugely important and so appreciated. We will always be grateful to you.”
Some examples of Alison’s work:
- Acting for a wife and children in an Inheritance Act claim for reasonable provision out of the husband/father’s estate where all their interests had been left under various trust structures without any guaranteed provision for them.
- Acting in claims to challenge wills on the grounds of lack of capacity, undue influence and fraudulent calumny
- Acting for a minor with special needs and high maintenance requirements in an Inheritance Act claim
- Acting for adult children in Inheritance Act claims for reasonable provision
- Acting in a shareholder dispute in respect of unfair prejudice suffered by a 50% shareholder
- Acting against multiple defendants in a civil fraud claim relating to a number of frauds by different parties against her client
- Acting in professional negligence claims against accountants, solicitors, IFAs and auditors.
- Acting in a high profile public procurement claim resulting in a reported case regarding the strict time limits in such claims as well as a very large settlement to her client.
Blog Posts by Alison Parry
17th September 2019