- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial Litigation
Mark joined JMW in June 2013 from Goodman Harvey LLP. Previously, he was the former acting head of litigation at George Davies LLP. Mark has practised commercial and construction law for over 25 years. He has practised in Manchester for over 20 years and advised all types of clients from the most famous of house builders and developers to high profile sports celebrities.
Mark was described by the Legal 500 Lawyers in 2013 as someone who “gets to the crux of the problem very quickly. “ and most recently the 2014 rankings describe Mark as a professional who 'grasps the risk, rewards and commercial aspects of cases'.
Mark has a large and renowned client base, most of which have instructed him for many years.
Mark has been described in Chambers 2015 as 'receiving unanimous accolades from peers and clients for his pragmatic and commercial approach to litigation matters. One client particularly appreciates that he 'treats every situation personally - he sees it as his problem, and that gives me great confidence'. Most recently, in Chambers 2016 one client says: "Mark shows an ability to assess the commerciality of a situation very quickly and give a pragmatic approach to any problem. I trust his advice implicitly."
Mark’s experience includes:
- Harry Yearsley Ltd –v- Secretary of State for Justice – successfully defending an attempted strike out in a procurement case.
- Successful multi-million pound claim against a contractor for breach of design warranties on a cold store floor.
- Please Hold (UK) Ltd –v- Neary & Others – Ex parte injunction to prevent the use of confidential information.
- Successful claim against a prominent premiership football club for breach of contract by a player.
- Seafood Holdings Ltd –v- My Fish Company & Others – successfully defended Springboard Injunction Application.
- Numerous successful claims made against many well-known banks and financial institutions relating to Hedging and Unfair Banking Relationship claims.
- Acted for a subcontractor in a £40M contract claim concerning a state of the art Waste Management Plant which resolved itself successfully at mediation