- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial Litigation
Mark joined JMW in June 2013 from Goodman Harvey LLP. Previously, he was the former acting head of litigation at George Davies LLP. Mark has practised commercial and construction law for over 25 years. He has practised in Manchester for over 20 years and advised all types of clients from the most famous of house builders and developers to high profile sports celebrities.
Mark has been described by the Legal 500 Lawyers as someone who “gets to the crux of the problem very quickly”, and more recently an appreciate client said, “his appreciation of the bigger picture in many different scenarios has been priceless”.
Mark has a large and renowned client base, most of which have instructed him for many years.
Mark has been described in Chambers and Partners as 'receiving unanimous accolades from peers and clients for his pragmatic and commercial approach to litigation matters. One client particularly appreciates that he 'treats every situation personally - he sees it as his problem, and that gives me great confidence'. More recently, one client said, "Mark shows an ability to assess the commerciality of a situation very quickly and give a pragmatic approach to any problem. I trust his advice implicitly."
Mark’s experience includes:
- Harry Yearsley Ltd –v- Secretary of State for Justice – successfully defending an attempted strike out in a procurement case.
- Successful multi-million pound claim against a contractor for breach of design warranties on a cold store floor.
- Please Hold (UK) Ltd –v- Neary & Others – Ex parte injunction to prevent the use of confidential information.
- Acted for Ricky Hitman Hatton in an action by his former trainer.
- Seafood Holdings Ltd –v- My Fish Company & Others – successfully defended Springboard Injunction Application.
- Numerous successful claims made against many well-known banks and financial institutions relating to Hedging and Unfair Banking Relationship claims.
- Acted for a subcontractor in a £40M contract claim concerning a state of the art Waste Management Plant which resolved itself successfully at mediation.
- Acted for the owner of Beetham Tower in an action by its Tenants.
Partner and Head of Department
Commercial Litigation/Corporate Recovery and Insolvency