- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial Litigation
Oliver joined JMW in October 2018 in the Commercial Litigation Department.
Oliver has a wide range of experience in commercial litigation and public law (judicial review) matters.
He has particular experience in relation to:
- Police, healthcare and education law.
- Commercial and planning judicial review.
- Information law, including breach of confidence, IP and defamation.
- Shareholder/Partnership disputes
- Complex fraud litigation
- Injunctions including springboard injunctions and protection from harassment
- Defending historic sexual abuse civil claims, often for celebrity clients
- Retention of Title claims
- Business Continuity Planning and crisis communications
- Contentious insolvency proceedings including settling aside winding-up petitions.
- State Aid rules.
Oliver regularly litigates claims in the High Court and Court of Appeal and has taken points of Human Right’s law to the Supreme Court and to European Court of Human Rights.
Oliver graduated from the University of Keele with a degree in Law and Politics. He has worked at a number of Manchester City Centre and National firms.
Oliver is a keen traveller and golfer. When at home he can often be found watching Formula 1 and drinking a fine wine.
Partner and Head of Department
Commercial Litigation/Corporate Recovery and Insolvency