- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Associate Solicitor Manchester Commercial Litigation
Stephen is a Solicitor who trained with JMW and qualified into the Commercial Litigation department.
Stephen’s practical approach to dispute resolution has already drawn compliments from satisfied clients. His client base includes both businesses and private individuals.
Stephen’s varied experience includes:
• Instructed by the insolvency practitioners appointed by a company in liquidation in a claim for an unpaid director’s loan account in the region of £0.5m.
• Successfully pursued a claim by a beneficiary under a will for losses suffered as a result of the actions of another beneficiary in allowing estate property to fall into disrepair.
• Experienced in property litigation matters including service charge recovery, unpaid rent, forfeiture/possession claims, compulsory purchases, leasehold extensions and collective enfranchisement.
• Acted in the defence of a mortgage repossession claim on the grounds that the mortgage had been mis-sold.
• Instructed by various recruitment agencies, principally in respect of unpaid fees following the successful placing of candidates within national and international companies.
Stephen studied Sociology at the University of Nottingham and received a first-class honours degree before converting to law.
Prior to beginning his legal training, Stephen spent a number of years working in the busy technology teams at Barclays Bank plc and Lloyds Banking Group.