- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Commercial Litigation
Steve joined JMW as a Partner in May 2019 from DWF, where he was head of the Manchester litigation department, having originally started his career in the City. Steve specialises in all aspects of corporate and commercial disputes including contractual disputes, directors’ duties, shareholders disputes, warranty claims, fraud, professional negligence and obtaining and defending injunctions, including search orders and freezing injunctions. He acts for a wide variety of clients, from multinational plcs to individuals and across a range of industry sectors. Whilst highly experienced in the conduct of trials and court applications, Steve is a keen advocate of ADR and is an expert in the process of mediation.
Steve is listed as a “Leading Individual“ in the 2019 edition of Legal 500 and noted for being “very responsive and pragmatic” and having a “business-like approach to litigation”. In the 2019 edition of Chambers & Partners he is described as a "fantastic litigator who knows his stuff."
His experience includes:
- Obtaining judgment for £10.8million and obtaining a finding of fraud on a fraudulent warranty claim;
- Successfully defending a contractual claim for £58m in an adjudication;
- Successfully defending an unfair prejudice shareholder claim which was discontinued by the Petitioners after 3 days of the trial;
- Acting as a High Court appointed Supervising Solicitor in the execution of numerous search & seize injunctions; and
- Representing clients in over 50 mediations.
In his spare time, Steve enjoys playing and watching golf, football and tennis and walking in the Lake District.