- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
The EIS and SEIS allow investors in growth companies to offer valuable tax reliefs to equity investors as long as HMRC’s qualifying criteria are met. This means they are highly popular with both companies looking for funding and investors.
Our corporate team regularly advise companies, funds and investors in relation to all aspects of EIS and SEIS investments.
To find out more about the services we offer in relation to EIS and SEIS, please contact John Young in our city office on 0203 675 7581.
We can assist in relation to all aspects of EIS and SEIS investments, including:
- Advising on the rules around EIS and SEIS issues
- Preparing appropriate shareholders agreements, articles of association and subscription letters
- Obtaining advance assurance from HMRC
- Preparing and verifying an investment memorandum
- Dealing with subscription issues
- Advising on obtaining tax relief certificates
- Advising on ongoing compliance and qualification issues
- Assisting with the ultimate exit of the investors, and moving on to subsequent fundraising rounds
- Advising on fund structuring and financial services regulatory issues
- Preparing and verifying an investment memorandum, application form and key information document
- Negotiating terms of engagement with investment managers, custodians, nominees, regulatory umbrella providers and other professionals
- Advising on investments made by the fund, including carrying out due diligence and negotiating terms of investment
- Advising on terms of investment and carrying out due diligence
- Advising on issues arising during the course of the investment and ultimate exit
How JMW Works
Our team appreciates that EIS and SEIS investment typically involves companies raising relatively small amounts of money at an early stage in their life-cycle. As a result, speed, efficiency and control of costs are crucial. We are often able to agree fixed fees for EIS and SEIS advice to assist our clients in controlling their costs in relation to investments.
Talk to Us
For more information about EIS and SEIS, contact John Young in our London office on 0203 675 7581.