- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate London Employment
Kate joined JMW in July 2019 as an Associate in the Employment Team, based at the firm’s London office. Kate joins from an international City law firm.
Kate is both a domestic and international employment lawyer, and she has a wealth of experience in advising a broad client base – from fast growth technology companies to large multinationals. Kate’s expertise ranges from advising on sensitive employee mental health matters to multi-jurisdictional restructuring projects and everything in between.
Attention to detail is something that Kate prides herself on, as well as always thinking about the most strategic, pragmatic and commercial way of achieving her clients’ objectives. Kate’s ability to become integrated with her clients is something that is of great importance to her and she will ensure that the advice she provides is always tailored to the business and its sector – it is never a one-size fits all when it comes to employment and labour law matters.
Kate not only has experience in advising on UK employment law matters, but she has also built up extensive experience in providing labour law advice to her clients who either have an established global workforce or have decided to operate in jurisdictions outside of the UK. Kate is able to be the single point of contact for all labour matters anywhere in the world, utilising her knowledge of local law as well as working with her global network of trusted partner firms.
Here are a few examples of Kate’s UK and international experience:
- Acting for a global hotel company, providing strategic day-to-day employment law assistance, as well as implementing a new harmonised employee handbook and tailored employment documentation across all locations;
- Advising a fast growth financial technology company on all of its UK and international employment/HR matters, including employment tribunal litigation and engaging employees based outside of the UK;
- Being the single point of contact for all employment/labour law matters for a global manufacturing company;
- Advising an international fashion brand on its operational and strategic HR and employment matters, including GDPR compliance in Europe;
- Representing senior executives on their exit from an international cosmetics brand;
- Advising a gene therapy company on employment documentation and HR processes in both the UK and Germany.