- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Senior Associate Solicitor Manchester Real Estate Commercial
Alan joined JMW in September 2001
Has worked on a broad range of real estate commercial transactions having specialised in the area for many years including:
- Dealing with the sale and purchase of numerous commercial properties throughout the country ranging from pubs and shops to complex brownfield development sites.
- Acting for landlords and tenants of commercial properties ranging from lettings of large central London offices to small independent high street stores.
- Dealing with mixed use properties affected by first refusal rights.
- Advising private and public sector clients in connection with varied development projects including acting for a developer in connection with the construction of luxury apartments on top of a London office block and acting for a local authority for many years in connection with its town centre expansion project.
- Working closely with a variety of funders with reference to individual transactions and property portfolios.
Graduated from the University of Manchester with a law degree in 1983 before qualifying as a solicitor in 1986.
Gained experience in private practice, as an executive grade solicitor with a multi-national oil company and as head of the NHS property and contracts legal team in the North West
Has served as a pension fund trustee.
A keen fan of commercial and arthouse cinema and member of a gym. A pub quiz enthusiast who has won on TV’s Fifteen to One, and has been in winning JMW teams in the Manchester Law Society quiz and others. A French speaker and holder of the French government’s Diplome Approfondi de Langue Francaise.
Tel: 0161 828 1924