- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Legal Services for Football Clubs
Football clubs have many different legal issues to deal with, including sponsorship deals, stadium management, handling the media and employment law. Our team of dedicated and talented lawyers has many years of experience representing sports and media personalities, clubs and leading brands.
Over the years, we have developed strong relationships with contacts who sit at the very highest level of the sport and media industries, and we have a firm understanding of the rules set out by the Football Association on which all football clubs must comply. We can provide commercial and practical advice on how football clubs can protect their interests while complying with the relevant laws.
We offer strategic sponsorship information, valuation and selection. Our experienced team can help you get the best deal from the following:
- Shirt sponsorship
- Gaming and betting partners
- Digital/e-commerce partnerships
- Main, first and second-tier sponsorship
We have relationships with the major brands that use sport to connect with their audiences, meaning we are well placed to assist you.
We can help you maximise the potential of your stadium by working closely with you on funding and strategic planning in the following areas:
- New stadium funding, guidance and direction
- Site sourcing
- External investment
- Community development
- Sale and leaseback arrangements
We can also help broker the right deal for your club, so you benefit fully from its naming rights, by introducing proactive brands who will work closely with you to fully exploit all mutual commercial and community opportunities.
Our experienced lawyers can assist you with everything to do with sports TV/broadcasting rights, licensing agreements and promotional/distribution agreements. We deal with all types of media contacts and can offer your club guidance on the very latest technology to produce the right media and digital solutions.
It is vital that intellectual property rights are fully protected. Our specialist intellectual property (IP) department represents international brands and has considerable experience of dealing with the following:
- Distribution/agency agreements
- Intellectual property licensing
- Anti-counterfeiting measures
- Registration of IP rights
- Trademark audits
Our vast knowledge of the sports industry enables us to help clubs increase their revenue from domestic and international broadcasting. We also offer help and guidance on increasing revenue from:
- Gate receipts
- Season tickets/memberships
- Corporate hospitality
We recognise harsh realities and employ proactive dispute resolution techniques to move you away from conflict and towards sensible commercial results. We can provide help with:
- Contact disputes involving construction and property
- Representing clients before professional bodies
- Corporate litigation, including corporate recovery
- Banking and finance-related disputes
We understand the need to relocate players to the UK and will provide expert immigration services to football clubs so you can compete in today’s global market. This includes:
- Supporting clubs to become a Tier 2 sponsor, allowing you to recruit players worldwide
- Assisting companies and potential employees to apply via the points-based System
- Ensuring that your legal responsibilities are met
- Providing a document checking service to ensure all employees have the necessary visas and immigration status to work in the UK
- Offering a checking service to alerts football clubs to changes in the immigration status of your staff and in UK immigration law
From time to time, your club will need advice and guidance relating to the following:
- Corporate restructuring
- Shareholder transactions and disputes
- Property acquisitions and sales
- Employment contracts and consultancy agreements
- Employment disputes
We have the right people and the resources to help you in all these areas.