- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- Armed Forces Claims
- Clinical Negligence
- Court of Protection
- Criminal Defence
- Driving Offences
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Media Law
- Personal Injury
- Personal Immigration Services
- Personal Insolvency
- Professional Regulation and Discipline
- Residential Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Will Disputes
- About Us
- News & Events
Professional Deputyship Services for Local Authorities
There are many reasons why local authorities sign-post new or transfer existing deputyship matters to our nationally recognised Court of Protection team. Over 50 local authorities throughout the UK, rely on our professional deputyship services bespoke to them.
At JMW, we’re at the forefront of servicing local authority deputyship work. We have superior experience and expertise in handling deputyship matters, unrivalled insights into the OPG and Court’s positioning on local authorities sign-posting or transferring deputyships and a tried and tested procedure for successfully taking on local authority deputyships.
If you’re a local authority and require advice or assistance about our professional deputyship services, our team of expert Court of Protection solicitors at JMW are on hand to help. Call us today on 0345 872 6666, or register to our online portal, exclusive to local authorities, for further information.
How JMW Can Help
Our Court of Protection specialists support local authorities who wish to:
- Sign-post new deputyship enquiries and/or
- Transfer existing deputyship matters
- where it’s considered to be in the best interest of the protected party (P) for an independent, professional and panel deputy to act instead.
Why Choose JMW?
Register for our online portal exclusive to local authorities, for details of why other Local Authorities use our service and case studies.
- We do not charge local authorities, as the minimal fixed fee is charged to ‘P’
- We have not one but two Panel Deputies, one in Manchester, appointed on every OPG Panel since its inception and one in London
- We are ranked in the UK Chambers and Legal 500 and a finalist in the Manchester Legal Awards
- Provide a highly personable approach, visiting clients at their home, dressed down
- Full geographical coverage, servicing local authorities and clients anywhere in the UK
- Provide a free, bespoke training and support package tailored to your local authority
- Provide an Appointeeship service pending the deputyship appointment and e-filing of court applications to speed up the deputyship appointment by 3-6 months.
Register Today for Further Information
If you’re a local authority and would like to know more about our professional deputyship services, register for our online portal, exclusive to local authorities, by filling in the registration form. Once registered, we will be in touch to welcome you to the portal and introduce you to the service, providing advice and support tailored to your needs.