- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Jo-Anna has worked at JMW since qualifying as a solicitor in 2014, and has specialised in Family Law since 2012.
She is a member of the specialist Children and Fertility Law team, but also has significant experience in divorce and financial matters, as well as domestic abuse injunctions. Jo-Anna is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in Private Law children matters and Child Abduction and undertakes complex domestic and international children cases.
Jo-Anna’s experience spans a range of issues which separated parents face, and she also regularly advises and represents extended family members, such as grandparents. Jo-Anna is well-regarded for her determined approach to the most challenging and sensitive of matters, frequently receiving praise from clients and counsel for her unyielding commitment to her cases.
Many of Jo-Anna’s cases proceed in the High Court due to their complexity, but Jo-Anna also enjoys undertaking her own advocacy when she can, and helps a wide range of clients in all levels of the family court – from settling day-to-day care arrangements, to relocation and serious welfare issues. Recent cases have included:
- securing findings and successfully defending allegations of sexual abuse;
- securing a reversal of a child’s primary residence;
- securing findings of malicious allegations and coaching of children;
- securing a finding of fabricated illness;
- securing findings of parental alienation;
- securing a costs order against CAFCASS;
- securing permission to relocate;
- securing Special Guardianship Orders for family members;
- Securing permission to apply for orders relating to children for non-parents;
- resisting an application for summary return under Hague Convention based on a child’s habitual residence;
- Obtaining and resisting domestic abuse injunctions (non-molestation and occupation orders).
Reported cases Jo-Anna has been involved in in this area include:
- R v R (2017) EWHC 3709 (Hague Convention: Wardship)
In addition to assisting those involved in disputes concerning children, Jo-Anna also enjoys helping clients build their families and can provide advice and assistance for those undertaking surrogacy, donation or co-parenting arrangements, as well as adoption. Notable cases in this field include M & S v F 2017 EWHC 2176 Fam (single applicant surrogacy)
Whilst specialising in children work, Jo-Anna also undertakes all aspects of divorce and financial remedy, including those with an international element and complex interim issues. Jo-Anna has successfully undertaken many High Court applications on issues such as:
- Applications for committal
- Interim maintenance
- Interim order for sale
- Urgent freezing injunctions
- Jurisdictional disputes
- Enforcement of costs orders
- Disputes as regards 3rd party beneficial interests
Reported decisions in the field of divorce and financial remedy include:
- Sharland v Sharland 2014 EWCA 95
- Rothschild and Radziszewska v De Souza  EWHC 1855
- Rothschild v De Souza (December 2018) – suspended committal
- TT v CDS  EWHC 3572 (Fam)
Jo-Anna is an active member of various organisations and committees in the Family Law sphere, and has produced numerous academic and press comment pieces on divorce, financial settlements and children-related issues.
Blog Posts by Jo-Anna Jellings
12th April 2017