- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
CLAIM FOR MORRISONS DATA LEAK COMPENSATION
Morrisons supermarkets have been held liable for the unauthorised copying and disclosure of more than 100,000 employees’ payroll information by a disgruntled ex-employee.
If you have been affected by the data leak, you are entitled to make a claim for compensation.
JMW is already representing more than 5,000 Morrisons employees, helping them to claim for compensation, and there is still time for you to make a claim.
Please fill in the compensation form to let us know about your circumstances. A member of the team will then be in touch to assess your claim and take you through the next steps of the claims process.
Morrisons Data Leak in Numbers
affected by the data leak
HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED
a claim with JMW to secure maximum compensation
THAT'S ALL IT TAKES
to register a claim with us
About the Morrisons Data Leak
- 2013-2014- Andrew Skelton, a senior IT internal auditor at Morrisons, copied and disclosed the personal details of almost 100,000 employees.
- 2014- JMW Solicitors launched the UK's first data leak group action case representing Morrisons employees.
- 2015 - Skelton was sentenced to eight years in prison for fraud, securing unauthorised access to computer material and disclosing personal data.
- 2017- the High Court ruled that Morrisons is legally responsible for the data breach of its employees’ payroll information by a disgruntled ex-employee.
- 2018- the supermarket chain appealed the High Court’s judgment, thereby attempting to stop employees from claiming any form of compensation or legal recourse. The Court of Appeal dismissed Morrisons’ appeal on 10th October 2018.
- 2019 – the Supreme Court granted Morrisons permission to appeal. The case will be listed for a hearing before the Supreme Court in due course.
Why Choose JMW?
The Morrisons data breach is the first case of its kind in English legal history, so it’s important that you get help from solicitors with vast experience in handling data breach claims.
JMW has represented the victims of the Morrisons data breach from the outset.
Data breaches can cause enormous damage and distress to those affected, and our privacy law experts have a strong track record of helping those who have had their personal information leaked without their consent - they are currently working with more than 5,000 Morrisons staff members.
JMW has been at the forefront of this developing legal area. We act for data breach victims on a day-to-day basis.