- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Partner Manchester Personal Injury
Jason joined JMW in July 2007 in the Personal Injury Department.
Jason specialises in catastrophic personal injury and fatal accident cases, including cases involving serious head injuries, amputations, serious orthopaedic injuries and chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
Jason graduated from the University of Derby with a law degree in 2000 and completed his LPC at Sheffield Law School in 2001.He then trained and qualified at Graham Coffey and Co. in Manchester and stayed there until July 2007 before joining JMW.
When not at work Jason enjoys spending time with his wife and 3 children, playing golf, watching football and movies and taking foreign holidays. He coaches a junior football team that his son plays for and has recently obtained his level 1 FA coaching qualification.
- Amputation claim – Jason represented a Claimant in his early twenties who suffered a double amputation (lower leg and arm at shoulder) following a serious road traffic accident that he had. He was a passenger on a motorcycle being driven along the M5 by his father when he lost control. Both were thrown from the vehicle. His father was tragically killed. He was not able to return to any kind of employment and needed a high level of care from his wife. The case was settled before trial, after proceedings had been started, for £1.55m.
- Fatal accident claim – Jason acted for the widow and children of a man who was killed in an accident at work when crushed by a machine that he was working on. This was both a tragic and challenging case. Despite being investigated and then prosecuted by the HSE, the Defendant disputed liability and robustly defended the claim for almost three years. They only changed their stance and accepted liability a few days before the first hearing of the HSE’s prosecution and offered a joint settlement meeting. They pleaded guilty to the charges at that hearing with the case being referred to the Crown Court for sentencing. Jason and his Counsel were able to agree a settlement at the meeting for a six figure sum. The Defendant was subsequently fined £60,000 by the Crown Court Judge.
- Fibromyalgia claim – Jason recovered £290,000 compensation for a 40 year old lady who had a road accident in November 2008 and developed fibromyalgia as a result.
- Complex orthopaedic injury claim – Jason recovered compensation of £350,000 for a client in his early thirties who suffered multiple fractures to his wrist after falling from a mobile scaffold tower during the course of his employment as a dry liner at a construction site. He had to have his wrist fused and was unable to return to any kind of manual work and his award reflected this reduction in his capacity for work.
- Brain injury/complex orthopaedic injury claim – Jason recovered £400,000 for a client who was injured when a passenger in his friend’s vehicle when he lost control and went into a ravine. He had multiple orthopaedic injuries as well as a head injury. He was only 18 at the time of the accident and had just embarked on a career as a dry liner which was curtailed by his accident. He was able to return to work but could not work to the same capacity as before his accident and his award reflected this.
What Our Clients Say
Mr S, Client
At all times, I was kept well informed and was really pleased with your service.
Mrs B, Client
I was completely satisfied and found Jason Harwood very friendly and approachable
Mr E, Client
I am glad that you took my case. Thank you. I am very satisfied with Jason Harwood.
Miss K, Client
Extremely professional service from Jason Harwood and I would most definitely recommend your services to anyone needing professional advice and assistance. A very satisfied client. Thank you.
Mrs H, Client
Jason and his colleagues didn’t once make me feel like ‘just another file’ on someone’s desk and everyone at JMW has been very attentive, sympathetic and genuine. I know Jason has put a lot of work into my case and I’m very grateful to him.