- Solicitors For Business
- Solicitors For You
- About Us
- News & Events
Job Title: Partner
Bicycle AccidentsPersonal Injury
Nadia is a cycling solicitor and she joined the personal injury department at JMW as a Partner in January 2017. She qualified as a solicitor in 1995 since which time she has acted for and secured compensation for hundreds of injured claimants, many of whom have sustained injuries on bikes and motorbikes. Formerly Head of Cycling and Motorbike claims at Pannone LLP where she was a Partner, Nadia is also a founding member and part of the ongoing leadership group of TeamGlow, a women's cycling group based in South Manchester (teamglow.net). She is a qualified ride leader and leads rides for TeamGlow and British Cycling. Nadia is a Director of BikeRight! Futures, a Community Interest Company. Nadia has completed and also separately supported a charity ride from Lands End to John O Groats.
Nadia has spent time during her legal career in Head of Department and Senior Management positions involved with operational and performance management alongside strategy and business planning. Nadia continues to work as a Technical Legal Consultant and Due Diligence Auditor and also lectures in law on post graduate courses in Manchester.
Who would you...
Share a pint with:
It would have been Victoria Wood.
Have cook for you:
The lovely people at El Piano, York.
Stay in with:
Notable past cases
- Fatal cycling claim for partner of daughter of Metropolitan Police Commissioner resulting in significant publicity. Inquest and civil proceedings.
- Fatal motorbike accident involving self-employed financial advisor leaving wife and children, Inquest, criminal prosecution (appealed) – litigated and settled by negotiation at a Joint Settlement Meeting for £700,000.
- Fatal motorbike accident liability dispute, Inquest and proceedings – settled by negotiation at £170,000.
- Motorbike accident leading to above knee amputation with unrelated compromised life expectancy – settled by negotiation at JSM at £350,000.
- Motorbike accident for head injured Claimant pursued to Motor Insurers Bureau and settled at £300,000.